Thursday, November 18, 2010

Balance

First off, thank you all for your kind words of support. It's so great having people who understand exactly what you are going through!

In that same regard, I am hoping some of you mom's out there have some good advice. I am nursing, so my main focus is eating healthy and working out, but I'm not sure how much I should eat. Do I eat a "normal" amount of food, for an average person? That would not be enough to sustain my 260 pounds and so I would lose. (which is totally what I want) But is that enough to nurse my baby and give her everything she needs??

You would think that by my 6th child I would know, but nursing has always been a great excuse to let loose and eat whatever. After all, I was still eating for two, right? So what is the correct amount of calories to eat? I'm shooting for working out 4 times a week. 45-60 minutes each time. Does everything go to the breast milk first, and then to me?? Anybody know??

I am loving the sore feeling of my muscles. I had forgotten that I had muscles! That ache makes me feel stronger, and I love it. Yesterday I pulled out an old vhs tape and did a dancing workout from the 90's. I'm hoping to run to the gym tonight with my sweet hubby.

Well, that's about it, everybody have a super great healthy day! (and thanks for any words of wisdom)

1 comment:

  1. I'd work on portion sizes and your physical activity at this point. As you pointed out, your breastfeeding and that alone takes a bit of energy (I think as much as 500 calories per day?)

    So instead of adding up the calories, perhaps think in terms of "okay, I need x servings of protein, x complex carbs, x vegetables, x fruits today..." and break it up into meals, anywhere from 3 to 5, depending on your general "snackiness". But bear in mind, I'm not a medical professional or a nutritionist, so anything I say should be subject to review by someone who's, say, qualified :)

    ReplyDelete