Friday, December 10, 2010

Weigh In


I reluctantly stepped onto the scale this morning. I debated with myself about waiting until I was more fully recovered, but that seemed a lot like the, "I'll start my diet on Monday" mentality. If I have to lie around all day I should at least be thinking about what is going into my mouth. Right??
So here is the official damage. 9 months of pregnancy, taking the eating for two to the limit. I weighed in at 267.8. There it is in black and white. It looks just as bad as it did on the scale. I will round it to 268 to make things simpler.
So I am off and running. Okay, maybe walking gingerly, but I am moving forward. I have a rough road ahead of me.....
1. The holiday season
2. recovering from surgery
3. nursing a 3 month old
BUT, I have made the decision. It starts here and now. Here we go!

7 comments:

  1. uh...lol. are you doing it right now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a bunch going on -- you'll do it!! And like Christine said, you're doing it right now *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol..I posted when there was no text...and OUCH with the number..but you are indeed on top of it. It can be done. I started at 262 lbs. I am 149 and dropping. Go get em'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all the things you have to juggle, it's perfectly understandable if you drop things once in a while. (Just not the little'un ;)
    I bet 'walking gingerly' can burn up more calories than you'd think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for all your support! I am currently debating if I can scrape myself out of bed, find something to wear (besides p.j.'s) that won't hurt my stomach, and go to 2 of my daughters dance recital. I guess I have to get going sometime, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that it is so hard. Thinking of you - you can do this. I'd just encourage you to be patient with yourself - you have a lot on your plate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you, not letting the "list" stop you.
    And like Diane said, be patient and good to yourself. You will do this!
    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete