Friday, February 5, 2010

Time flies when you feel like crap!

Wow! Time has really flown by. We had our first Dr's apt. on Tuesday this week. He did an ultrasound.... and everything looks great! I'm 8+ weeks along and really feeling like crap. We went ahead and told the kids on Tuesday night. They were super excited. (even our 15 year old)
I have had a hard time not eating everything in sight! I am hungry ALL the time. Getting to the gym has been a challenge since I am also SO tired. In just a few short weeks my life has totally changed. I figure I have about 5 weeks left til I'm feeling better. (for the most part) It will be Spring time then, and I can hardly wait.

Until then, I am doing the best I can. It's funny, but the fatigue I'm feeling reminds me of before I had lost weight. Oh well, I couldn't ask for a better curve ball. :0

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that everything is going great. :-)

    I had to laugh at your comment today on my blog... your sweet hubby cleaning up dog puke. Mine cleans up the kitty puke before I get up! Aren't they the sweetest to do the "icky" job?!

    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your appointment went well! I remember my second pregnancy, I thought I'd finally moved past the "icky" feeling, and one day about a week later I was sitting on the floor innocently sorting laundry when WHAM!!!

    You've never seen a pregnant woman haul booty to the bathroom so quickly, LOL.

    At least that was the last hoo-rah of morning sickness. Then 10 days later my sciatica kicked in...

    (I don't do pregnancy well! Here's hoping you're a MUCH more genial pregnant person than I was :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how hard that first trimester is! I always found that just when I thought I couldn't do it one more day then that's when I'd turn the corner with the nausea.

    I'm so glad the u/s went perfectly! We have a 17 year spread with our kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the appt. went well and the kids are happy :) But sorry to hear about being pukey. I had "all day sickness" for the first 18 weeks with mine. But of course we all know all the tiredness and morning sickness and stretch marks are worth it! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, glad your baby is doing well....I hope your energy picks up after the first trimester.
    Congratulations again, I bet your kids are getting excited to have a new sibling.
    The more the merrier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how much a growing baby can suck the energy right out of you. Great job still exercising. I wish I had done that....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to know your secret for making time fly when you feel like crap! I could market that.

    Congratulations on the baby...how exciting. I hope you feel better soon.
    ~Margaret

    ReplyDelete