Thursday, March 3, 2011

My adventure

On Saturday, Mr. Handsome and I went on our weekly date. Usually we go to a nice restaurant and enjoy a yummy meal. In an effort to change that habit, we were a little more adventurous this week.

We pulled out the old cross country skis, and hit the snow. Mr. Handsome glided gracefully across the white stuff, while I shuffled along next to him. It has been years and years since I tried to cross country ski, and I couldn't find my rhythm. Heck, I couldn't find my balance! While standing completely still, talking to my talented hubby, my ankle gave way and down I went! (I have notoriously weak ankles) It hurt, but I got back up and we decided to turn around and head back to the car. Whoops, down again! This time I took off the ski's and walked. We followed our activity with dinner out... sharing a Cafe Rio salad. YUM!

My ankle is still a little sore, but doing okay. I am mostly pestered by the obnoxious head cold I have had since Monday. Ug! I have tried to take it easy, and get rest, but that doesn't work all that well with a 5 month old waking up at all hours.

I have tried to adjust my calories to my less than active week. So far the scale seems to still want to be my friend. Tomorrow is my official weigh-in, so I'm crossing my fingers. It has been two weeks since I stopped nursing, and the girls are finally starting to feel back to normal. It has been nice to have my body back to myself.

Hope everyone in bloggy land is having a happy healthy week.

5 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon. Great job on switching up the routine and trying to get in some extra activity! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so cool you went out and and cross country skied. I love that and Mike and I have gone 5 times this year. I'm hoping for at least another time or two.
    You keep up the great work and you'll be to your in no time at all.
    Thank you for stopping by. Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great to have a Mr. Handsome in your life?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome date night, even with the ankle issue :) You'll be back to normal in no time!

    ReplyDelete