Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Success and Failure

Last Friday was awesome.  I went shopping and bought a pair of size 20 capri's.  My size 24 jeans had gotten to the point that I could slide them off, buttoned up, so it was time to time to downsize.  Saturday I went to the gym and got a great workout.  Things couldn't be better.... except in the back of my head I knew I had the family party on Sunday, and dinner at Chuck o Rama on Monday for my daughters birthday.  I was so worried that I would make bad choices and do poorly.

So I stressed, and ate!  Can you believe it??  I finally hit the 240's and then blew it.  Sunday, I came home from church just famished.  I grabbed the closest thing I could find which was a chocolate muffin.  It just went downhill from there, and Monday was not much better.  Needless to say,  my fear of failure was almost a self fulfilling prophecy.    I was so afraid that I couldn't handle the social situations, that I didn't even try, and blew it before people were even at my house.

I am back on track now.  I ate great yesterday, and worked out last night.  I am trying to learn what I can do next time I am faced with this situation so that I have success.  I need to overcome this fear, because I can't avoid living the rest of my life.

Gotta go turbo jam!

8 comments:

  1. The big trick is getting back on track, which you did -- excellent!! And congrats on the new capris :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to read that you're back on track and doing great. I'm having a better week too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah on the new size!

    I'm a major big time stress eater, and I still dont' have a complete handle on it. One way I protect myself is by just not having trigger foods in the house. Seriously. It drives my teens insane, but the way I look at it, they don't need to be eating cookies/chips/soda/baked goods/ice cream either. (House rule - if they want anthing fried, sweet or nutritionally vacant, they have to buy it with their own money. It was funny how much they suddenly loved apples when Dad and I put that rule in play a few years ago!)

    Another way I cope is to get away from the kitchen. Find something, anything to occupy my hands away from the kitchen - fold clothes, run the vaccuum, go outside and scoop dog poop or weed the garden, whatever.

    Have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Needless to say, my fear of failure was almost a self fulfilling prophecy." That happens to me! You're so not alone.

    Congrats on the size 20 capris! Focus on that and revel in it (and the pants! haha!).


    P.S. I'm still here in Blogland! I went private, but, if you'd still like to follow, I'll need your email addy to send you an invite. I thought I did it right this a.m., but...apparently not. :(

    ChubbyMcGeeBlog@Gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stress eating? Hmm...I know that well! For some reason, it hits me on Sunday's too. It actually seems to me there are times when I have convinced myself it will be bad, and therefore it is. (Hello self fulfilling prophesy!) Anyway, like you said, jumping back on is the best way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to see that you are back on track. Why is it that we sabotage ourselves? I have been there and I am getting better but still not perfect - you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the smaller size!

    I hate when stress makes me freak out and eat things I shouldn't. It's a common story in my house.

    You'll do better next time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to see you getting back on trck. I believe that's the key to making significant changes and better choices. Learn from the "slip" and move on. Sometimes it's easier said than done. Leave the guilt behind because it just adds to the stress.

    yay for the new capris....

    ReplyDelete