Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just checking in!

Hello!  I have not fallen off the face of the earth, nor have I fallen off the weight loss wagon. I HAVE  been crazy busy being a mom, helping out with school activities, hosting 4 extra house guests and celebrating my anniversary with Mr. Handsome.

As I write this, I am in Park City, Utah on a spring break with my family.  It's not as glamorous as it seems.  I don't ski (yet) and while the kids and hubby hit the slopes,  I'm am taking care of the baby, making meals and running kids back and forth from the slopes (at least the little ones).  Yesterday my cute little three year old tried skiing for the first time.  She did pretty darn good, and Mr. Handsome was so wonderful with teaching her.  I of course had to be on hand to take pictures, and cheer for her.

My husband would love for me to go skiing with them, but the last time I went I was 22 years younger, and one hundred pounds  lighter. Even then I wasn't so good, and it was a one time thing. I've promised him I will give it a try next season when I am lighter, and in better shape.

I haven't posted my Friday weigh in's for a few weeks.  I have hit a bit of a slow down, which may be my body hitting a plateau, or me not devoting as much time and effort as I should with my busy month.  I stayed the same, around 249 for most of the second half of March.  It was a frustrating time for me. Last week I finally saw some progress on the scale.  My weigh in for last Friday, April 1st was...   245.00
That's a total of 23 pounds!  I was thrilled, considering the weekend before I had run away with Mr. Handsome for a romantic weekend.  We had super yummy food, but I worked hard to eat small portions of healthy food.  (with a few small indulgences) I chose the salmon instead of the prime rib for dinner, which is what I would usually have gotten.  We even hit the gym at the hotel together for a kick butt workout.  It's sad/funny, but we've stayed at this hotel at least five or six times for romantic getaways, and I've never wanted to go to their gym before now.   We really had an awesome time.

I have not been able to weigh in all week here in Park City and it is driving me crazy!  I've been hitting the gym here, and eating good, and I'm dying to know where I stand.  I'm one of those daily weigher's.  Sometimes even twice a day.  (morning at night)  Can you say "Obsessed?"  Hopefully when I get back home, I'll have some good numbers to report.

Hope everyone is hanging in there, and making good food choices!  Have a great day!

1 comment: