Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Giving it a lot of thought!

I've been giving my situation a lot of thought.  This weekend stunk.  Did you know that Easter is the 2nd biggest candy selling holiday?  Only Halloween is greater.  I think I may have single-handedly moved Easter up to number one.

Up until this point I have been doing slim-fast.  I make a killer shake with milk chocolate slim-fast, ice and a banana.  But..... one can only have so many before you simply lose your mind.  I was having them for breakfast, dinner and a frozen meal (lean cuisine, smart ones, etc.) for lunch.  I honestly don't think I was getting enough calories.  I was right around 1200-1300 a day.  When I worked out I would burn between 400 and 800, so you would think I would be losing.  Right?

Sometimes I would slip up a little, but then it would be a landslide of bad choices.  I'm really an all or nothing girl, so if I'm not eating "good"  then I'm eating "bad".  

So I have come to the decision that I need to make some changes.  Big changes.  My mind has been racing all day, and I have come up with a plan.  I'm excited.  I will tell you about it tomorrow, but first I need to go ride my recumbent bike before biggest loser is on.  Happy Trails!

P.S.  Thank you to everyone who posted ideas for changing things up on my last post.  Very helpful!

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear more about your new plan! Mixing it up can be really beneficial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Slip up a little" and "landslide" are two red flags. It's not the plan that works. We have to stick to the program consistently or we will be jumping from one thing to another hoping to find that all elusive plan that works. I have done this so many times so don't feel like I am coming down on you. Once the new wears off it's back to slipping up a little and landslides. I hope you can take an objective look at the situation and truly find what needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its hard findin what works for your body calorie wise did u calculate your BMR? Its hard having the same thing over and over makes it so much more difficult because you get bored with it and wanna go off plan.
    im excited to hear ur plan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an all or nothing type of girl also....but I've realized that being ALL gung ho to lose weight is good. I can't be ALL perfect eating. This is life. I can't deny myself because that opens the door for the nothing to creep in. It's a fine line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm learning slowly but surely that you don't have to be perfect 100% of the time. Just making better choices overall seems to be the way to go. That way you don't have to feel like a failure every time you snag a treat that's not on program. The point is not to let it be an every day / all day habit.

    ReplyDelete