Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Walking in the Park can be dangerous to your health!!

Yesterday after I posted, I hopped on my recumbent bike.  I peddled and peddled.  I put the resistance all the way up.  Nothing happened.  My trusty bike was out of commission.  In mourning, I decided to talk a walk in the park.  At least I could get a little exercise in.

So there I am, briskly walking in the park, and quite frankly freezing my cheeks (both pair) off, when I am suddenly accosted by a mean looking bulldog with his owner in tow!  He struck first at my arm, and when I jerked that away, he sunk his teeth into my calf.  OOOOUUUUCCCCCHHHH!   What the heck!  Do I look like a mail man?

The owner just stared at me.  Duh!!  I was a bit in shock, and let the owner apologize and then went on my way.  Okay... not the smartest thing to do, I know, but I really just didn't know what to do.

So this morning I woke up with a nice 6 inch scratch on my calf with a lovely purple bruise surrounding it.  Stupid Dog!

So after much thought I have come to the conclusion that what I was doing (slim-fast) just was not working this time around.  I lost 70 pounds before I had my baby with this method, but it just isn't cutting it this time.   So... I have decided to go a different route.  I am the newest member of Weight Watchers.  

I'm super excited about this decision, and feel like it will give me the structure that I need, yet allow me a little freedom to have a variety of healthy food.  I'm already seeing a change in the scale, and I'm hopeful that it will continue.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! What a horrible dog owner not doing anything! HUG to u! im so happy that you found something you like :)! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a dog owner and your post makes me mad. I think I would have pulled out my phone and called 911, or someone. What if you would have been a kid? Not only could that dog have done serious physical damage, even more serious than what you got, but what about mental? Stupid owners!
    I'm glad that you have decided to give WW a try. It's great that you felt like what you were doing wasn't working, so rather than throw in the towel, you moved to plan B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that caught you off guard and I am glad you were not hurt seriously but that dog owner should be held accountable. I guess it's too late now so we'll just be thankful. It can always be worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe some dog owners... what a shame! And welcome to Weight Watchers :) I joined a couple of months ago when I was just sick of counting calories. So far the new PointsPlus system is working for me... yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm terrified of dogs. I've been bitten before too. I was 7 months pregnant at the time and picking my brother and sister up from the babysitter's house when their dog chomped the crap out of my arm. I still have indentations from where he got me. Turns out he has a stroke though when they took him to the vet the following day. But it scared the pants right off me and I haven't trusted dogs since. Congrats on making the swtich to WW. I hear a lot of good things about that program.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What the fig newton??? That just burns me up that an animal owner not only can't control his animal but secondly just stood there and let his animal bite someone! WOAH!

    Congrats on the WW membership! The program has been wonderful for me (when I work the program!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, I can't believe that happened! Yikes, scary! Good luck with WW. It will be interesting to hear how it goes for you. I love to hear about what works for others.

    ReplyDelete